Friday, June 29, 2012

Footloose & Fancy Free 4th of July

Footloose & Fancy Free Fridays.

I decided since I do a lot of venting through the week I should set Fridays aside for something more lighthearted. Fun memories, fun plans…anything funny or fun!

Let the 4th of July festivities begin!

Sunday evening my hometown will be shooting off fireworks. They usually put on a good show for a small town. I love fireworks and I always have a good 4th of July because my Aunt has a huge party every year. We have tons of family who come in from out of town and it is so nice seeing all my cousins! I decided to invite the Farmer who happens to have his daughter this weekend : ) so hopefully they enjoy themselves!

I think there is something magical about the 4th of July. Sitting on a blanket surrounded by family and friends and for a few minutes everyone is at a calm enjoying the same thing and doing it together. When I was little I loved when collectively we would say “ooo” and then “ahh” to each firework.

 I still love sparklers, they are pretty and fun and it is the one time that it’s okay to run around with a stick on fire! Haha!

Grilled Hotdogs! I think hotdogs are gross but, throw them on the grill and how can you resist? I think I could enter a hotdog eating contest and win as long as they were grilled.

Family. Friends. Fireworks. Sparklers. Grilled dogs.
I know my Sunday will be enjoyable!

Does anyone else go all out for the 4th of July?
If you do or you don’t, take time to enjoy the day regardless. I know I think of the 4th as one giant BBQ but, truthfully how blessed are we to live in a land that is free?
Have a safe and fun holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Your 4th of July celebrations sound like mine did growing up. My house was right by where the fireworks were set off and a big carnival and celebration was in the park right behind my house. My home was the party place every year, it was always such fun. Enjoy your celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete