Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend

My weekend turned out well! Friday I got most of my place moved out and all moved in at home. (Eye roll) Still not thrilled about moving home but, it is for the best right now!

Saturday….Saturday! The Farmer invited my son and I to a party. He had his daughter so I thought it would be nice. It was so hot! I wore skinny capris and a cute strapless summer top. I guess I thought I would do okay in the skinnys. I was wrong! I was miserable! Then we get there and I think the Farmer tends to be a bit socially awkward as in I felt like he was ignoring me. Haha! He introduced me and then kind of just did his own thing while I kept an eye on the kiddies. I didn’t feel too upset over this however, I am not sure I was thrilled with it either. I think he sensed that and shortly after mingling a bit he joined my side at chasing around the kids. There was this lab at the party that loved my son…let me stress love. This darn dog would not leave Max alone, licking him and getting all excited. So when you’re just dating someone the horned up dog following your kid and you around makes for an embarrassing situation. Haha! I checked Max’s diaper and nothing. I do not know what it was but this dog wanted my son! So finally Max and I couldn’t take it so I decided to sit down at a table in hopes this pup would find someone else to pursue. Nope! He just sat there red rocket out and all just dying to lick my son. So I try giving this dog a forceful push away that was enough that he knew I meant business but, not enough that I had people calling PETA on me. The dog didn’t get it. Finally, this old man I think could sense my desperation and got up and shoo’d the dog away. Keeping a 1 year old still on your lap is a task. Max was moving all over and I tried keeping him content there. I see this old woman looking over with this look on her face…I wanted to say “What old woman, as if my day isn’t embarrassing enough you have to eye me down?” I understood the odd expression on her face when I looked down and quickly realized all the squirming Max had done pulled my strapless shirt down exposing my bra. (I wanted to pull a Homer Simpson “D’OH!) . I adjusted my shirt and tried to act as if nothing happened. I was playing with the kids and getting the Farmers daughter some Teddy Grahams of Max’s when I hear from an old man voice “No…NO dog.” I turn around and sure enough that darn dog was about on top of Max. I quickly swooped Max up and shoved that dirty dog away! I had enough. I tried to not seem annoyed but, I was. He wasn’t ready to leave and so he gave me his keys and I drove his big diesel truck home. It was too hot for me and it was getting too hot for Max. I put Max to bed at my moms and returned to the party to pick up the Farmer and his daughter.

Sunday made things a lot better. It was still so hot out but this time I dressed appropriately. The Farmer met us at my aunts after dropping his daughter off. I wore a white tank top that conveniently I spilled red punch down the front of. Thankfully, my little cousin still lives at home and quickly supplied me with a new navy tank top! It stormed. I am petrified of storms but tried to keep it together so the Farmer wouldn’t think I was a sis. After visiting with my family we went to my dads and spent the rest of the evening there. Everyone in my family seems to get a long with the Farmer well. The wood for the campfire we were supposed to have got wet from the rain and my dad couldn’t get anything but smoke. After awhile the Farmer whispered that he could probably start the fire but, he didn’t want to make my dad feel bad. Haha! I encouraged him to try since everyone really wanted a campfire. He rearranged the wood and got some grass clippings my dad had in a bin and some paper and he started it right up. I was impressed. I think I like a mans’ man and he seems like he is one! I suppose I could overlook Saturdays social faux pas. We all sat and watched the fireworks together in the backyard. My close girlfriend stopped over and we played a silly game that her and her sister played when they were younger. Max did well and didn’t cry although he looked a bit worried I think from the noise. I enjoyed seeing my son watch the fireworks and sit in the chair like a big kid. It made me realize just how fast he is growing up : (

All in all the weekend was great and I was pleased!



Bubbie watching the fireworks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment