Monday, July 30, 2012

it is easy to stumble if you wear the wrong shoes

The weekend was a diet disaster. I don’t need to elaborate on it. I will tell you it included a foot long chili dog and onion chips from our local root beer stand.

I started typing this huge vent session. I have been in this mood where anything could send me into a 30 minute sob session. Have you ever had a week like this?

My mom at the last minute cancelled as my sitter and it was too late to get someone new. So I missed out on the pig roast that I was going to go hang out with my 2 aunts and cousin. Then my sister painted my nails (which I bite, so they are stubby and uneven) they looked horrible. The whole time I had the hot knot in my throat, feeling like I was going to cry. Over stubby purple finger nails? This is the week I have been having!

After proofing my little rant I felt stupid. Everything that I am complaining about (living at home, my son’s father, not having enough money to get up and make something out of my life, my ugly nails) is all a direct result of the choices I have made. I need to really remember that every time I start getting upset with the way my life is.

I can pull myself together and I am. I just finished my summer class I was taking online. At the end of August I start my full schedule of school. Those are all positive changes I am making so that my life can be better. Unless I am going to invent a time machine the changes I want aren’t just going to happen over night. This is a marathon and I have to log the hours in order to get to where I want to go.

Hopefully once school rolls around I will be too busy to care about having a “me night” and more concerned with a “me nap”.

It is easy to stumble if you wear the wrong shoes. I must change the way I think and perhaps I won’t be as stressed as I am! I think the wise Patti (therapist) told me that the first time I went there.

**On a happy note**
Tonight my sister and I are going to see Florence and the Machine which is one of my favorite bands! Heidi and I both love them and we are so excited to see her live! She has a lovely voice!

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong! Life has it's ups and downs. Ellie and I are in a horrible stage right now. Neither of us can make the other happy and it is miserable up around these parts.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete