Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Florence and the Machine Monday

Florence and the Machine

On Monday my sister and I went to Cleveland to see one of our favorite bands, Florence and the Machine. They were amazing to say the least. The lead singer, Florence Welch has an incredibly strong voice and she did not fail to deliver on Monday. I was very impressed with just how much her live performance favored the songs on the album. It seems that a lot of times artist are so digitally enhanced that when you see them live it is like seeing someone totally different.

She was very interactive with the crowd and seemed to really enjoy performing. It is a pleasure to watch someone love doing what they do! I was able to snap a few photos of the event. Jacobs Pavilion is a small and unique venue. It sits right on the water and has a lot of old industrial architecture surrounding it. I adored that venue and would love to catch some more artists there.

My mom purchased these tickets as a birthday present to my sister. I was lucky enough that my sister wanted me to go with her. We had a wonderful time, which we always do when we are together. I love that my sister and I are close and that we share the same love for music as well as for the same types of music. It isn’t rare for her and I to often message one another with songs to download or listen to! We both feel through music, happiness, sadness, excitement….you name an emotion and we have a song that we can put to it!

This was my first concert of the summer (so late in the summer too L) hopefully her and I can make it out to a few more!
















1 comment:

  1. And you didn't even let me know you were in town...boo on you :)

    ReplyDelete