Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lost Tradition

A lost tradition.

I have a very close friend who lives in Florida who I miss terribly. She introduced me to a friend of hers down there that she felt was a male version of me. Haha! So I was curious and decided to investigate these claims. My male me does have a similar sense of humor and we do share a lot of the same beliefs. He is a really great guy and I feel like I can call him my friend (although I have yet to meet my friend in person). Well my male me is going through a bit of a rough patch and early on in our friendship he sent me a card that I was pleasantly surprised to receive! Since he is experiencing a bit of a speed bump in life I will return the favor. Plus it helps that I did find this very cute card that I wanted to share with you all.





Isn’t that a cute card? Made me giggle.

It has taken me forever to get a stamp and stick it in the mail. I don’t do a lot of stuff with the mail. I do most of my billing and banking online so the need for stamps rarely comes about. I finally put it in the mail today! This reminded me how rare people send and receive mail. I hardly get birthday cards anymore and I don’t ever get much in the mail besides bills ha. The letter is becoming a lost tradition. I remember when I got my male me’s card in the mail and how excited I was to open it. He took his time to pick out a card, write a very sweet message inside and, mail it! It wasn’t a quick comment on my status or an instant message to my inbox, it was thoughtful!

Not too long ago I got some stationary on sale at Wallyworld and decided that I would write letters to people who were close to me. I wrote 2 people a week and I did it for a whopping 2 weeks ha. I did get phone calls from my family telling me how happy they were to get my letter. I think its time I start this activity up again.


Take time this week and send someone a letter or a card just so they know you are thinking about them. Maybe you will get one in return J

Happy Mailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment