Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Cave in Caveman

I’m failing miserably on my blogging everyday about this diet. I know my many avid readers are very disappointed. Haha! (Sarcastic laugh)

Let me give you a quick run down. It hasn’t been a total failure but, I’ve already encountered some struggle on days 2 & 3.

Wednesday, I made spaghetti using spaghetti squash as a healthy substitute for noodles. It was delicious! The squash is bland enough that there isn’t an overwhelming taste besides the sauce and meat. Which essentially isn’t that what noodles are too? They don’t have a lot of taste!

Here is where the cave in caveman comes into play. My sister so graciously brought over an ice cream cake from DQ. Now I love ice cream but I LOVE that fudgy, crunchy middle that the cakes have! I chugged a bottle of water with hopes it would make me feel ill and I’d no longer want that sweet indulgence. Didn’t work, so I said to myself “one bite isn’t going to kill me”. I took one bite and then I put the spoon down and I was satisfied!

I’m pretty sure I have my days messed up. I made the stir-fry Monday but blogged about it Tuesday. So Tuesday I had the spaghetti and last night I had a huge bowl of green beans and a tiny piece of boneless chicken.

Cave Alert. After my huge bowl of green beans and chicken I was satisfied. My sister went with me to the local pool to take Maximus for a swim to beat the humidity. At the pool they have the best hotdogs ever. They are all beef; they put them on this spinning roster and yum. I know because I used to work there and that was my choice of lunch all summer. So we go to the stand and I’m looking for the Paleo section, it wasn’t there! So I opted for the most logical choice, parts of meat jammed into a tube! It was divine!

I’m back on track today and I won’t allow myself to cave. I’ve had one too many bumps thus far. I’d like to think though if the cavemen had a choice of meat, fruits, veggies and, nuts vs. fudgy crunch DQ ice cream cake they would hands down go with the cake every time!

I don’t think I could be 100% Paleo obviously if I am struggling on day 2. However, I have already shed 2 pounds! I think cutting out a majority of my sugar and carb intake is doing me well!

I have been working out a lot too. Lots of little stuff and I must say that sitting down to pee this morning was a struggle. Squats kill people! Tonight I am attending a class with a friend that invited me. It is circuit training I guess. We will see how this goes.

***On a life note, Farmer’s out, he “thinks we can work out he just isn’t sure what his aggravation with me is lately.” And then on our way to a date he proceeded to tell me the night I had my son over and he was having some trouble going to sleep “annoyed him”. Ouch! So….there goes my farm wife dream. Haha! Sometimes I don’t think men think when they speak. I get that my son was being fussy but, he is one! It gets on my nerves some nights too but holy cow to just come right out and say that?***

No comments:

Post a Comment